I remember my first Yoga lesson as if it was yesterday...
My body was stiff, my spirit more so. But through this wonderful discipline, which entered my soul and became a way of life, my body and my spirit began to loosen more and more. Yoga not only made me more flexible in the body and in the mind, it also taught me that when consciousness and consistency exist, anything is possible. It steered me in the direction of change and towards the desire to share these precious customs through teaching.
• 2009: My experience of Yoga began under the guide of Elena De Martin, a certified level 2 teacher of the Shri K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute of Mysore. Elena remains my teacher, someone I greatly admire who helped me to better understand all that Yoga stands for: to believe, to want, to persevere, to have faith and trust.
• 2010: I attended my first two week workshop with Elena De Martin in Goa, India, where the intense practice of asana is accompanied by a profound study of the philosophy of Yoga, of the chanting and of the Transcendental Meditation taught by great Indian Masters M.A. Jayashree and M.A. Narasimhan.
• 2010-2013: I left my city, my lifestyle and my work as a manager in the fashion industry to develop my practice, not just in terms of asanas, but also through dedication to the study of the philosophy of Yoga, of the meditation and the pranayama practiced by the great Masters such as David Swenson, Tim Feldman, Eddie Stern, Juha Javanainen, Kino MacGregor and Lino Miele.
• 2013: I spent two months studying with the great Master Sharat Jois - the grandson and the indicated successor of S.K. Patthabi Jois - at the Shri K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute in Mysore, India. Whilst here, motivation to share the benefits of Yoga arose within me and I began to teach.
• January 2015: I travelled to Rishikesh in India, at the Tattvaa Yoga Shala. Here, I undertook an Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga teacher training course under the expert guide of Masters Sunil Sharma and Kamal Singh. Here, I broadened my understanding of the therapeutic aspects of asana, meditation, pranayama and learnt the teaching of Yoga Nidra, a technique of deep and extremely beneficial relaxation.
• February, 2015: I acquired the instructor's certificate of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, recognized by Yoga Alliance USA and established BB yoga.
• November, 2015: I completed a full 40 hours course of intensive study in the foundations and teaching techniques of the Primary Series of Ashtanga Yoga with David Swenson.